Charger port broken?!?!? please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by electricbullet9, Apr 20, 2013.

1. electricbullet9 macrumors newbie

electricbullet9

hi everyone, my iphone 4s just cracked a little while ago, and the charger port also got bent. i need to back up everything, apps and all, to my computer or atleast a cloud. but the problem is, i cant back up on my computer because the charger port for my phone is broken, meaning i cannot plug it in. i have a spare iphone 4 that semi works, and i just need all of my data backed up so that i dont need to worry about losing anything. thanks for any replies in advance.

2. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Turn on iColud and do a backup to there and you should be good

3. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Or set the phone and iTunes to connect over WiFi and do a local backup.

Or both.

4. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Not sure, but I think that in order to set up the WIFI sync you need to connect by cable at least one time. I could be wrong, but I think I heard this once.

5. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Possible. Worth a try considering the busted port.

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

It's battery will likely be dead long before any WiFi backup could finish.

7. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Good thought, did not think about that. :(

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I'll never understand why people don't have a backup solution for their data. Especially when it's a portable device that could get lost, stolen, go swimming in the toilet.

OP might have some luck with an iCloud sync for their personal data, it shouldn't take too long. All their apps can be redownloaded from the app store. Act fast OP.

9. electricbullet9 thread starter macrumors newbie

electricbullet9

thank you everyone for helping out. i have got most of my stuff backed up on icloud, and the rest i can just redownload and be fine. if only apple could fix individual parts.... they could, but they would rather you just buy another one of their phones for more money :/ anyways thanks again everyone

10. John T macrumors 68020

John T

They can ..... and they don't!

Why not take it to your local Apple Authorised Service Provider and get it fixed?