Charger port lint or gunk build up.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by westernmass, Feb 11, 2008.

1. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

Curious. If you are using your phone naked what do you do to avoid lint or overall gunk getting into the charger post? I have an Agent 18 I use sometimes but even that has the opening and I have found I will sometimes end up with a little lint or dust in the port. I am sure some covers, well cover it. But do they make a plug you could add? I find sometime if something in there I give a quick blow and it pops out. But I worry a little blow could include some spit (not trying to be nasty but you know what I mean) then adding to the charge could short out the unit. :eek:

2. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

The best thing to do is to get you a can of the dust remover (you know the stuff for keyboards and such). This technique is what the geniuses at the Apple store use to clean out all of the holes on the iPhone. I grabbed a can and it works perfectly! Keeps my iPhone looking great all around! You can even use it to blow out the speaker and mic holes and the ear speaker at the top. Good luck! Cheers mate! :D