Charger randomly stopped working, but then started again.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eddybos, Aug 15, 2011.

1. eddybos macrumors newbie

So, I got my first Macbook earlier this month (white 13" Macbook) and everything has been going well... Until recently, I plugged in the charger and nothing happened; the led light didn't light up and there was no sign of charging with the battery icon.

I unplugged and then replugged multiple times, and tried different outlets to no avail. I couldn't test on other computers or with other chargers to confirm which end the problem was coming from, so I just gave up for a while, and then put the computer to sleep. While it was sleeping, I plugged the charger in once more, and then the led light lit up and I opened the computer to see that the battery was finally charging. FWIW, the computer's battery was at about 8% or so prior to being put to sleep.

My question is, should I still be worried? Is there an explanation for why the charger would randomly stop working and then start again based on the events described?

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

You'll probably get better response if you post in the Macbook section rather than iMac.