Charger troubles

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zacl87, Nov 9, 2009.

1. zacl87 macrumors member

So recently my charger (I think) has been playing up. The other day I put it in and there was no light, I took it out and put it back in and it was fine. This has happened a couple of times.

Then today, I plugged it in and, nothing. For about 2 hours it wouldn't charge and didn't display a light.
    Now like 2 minutes ago I plugged it in to see if it would would and it's 100%. Charging with an orange light.

I checked the power supply to my house and tried it in a few different sockets and nothing worked. The only thing I could think of is that after it stopped working I wrapped the cord around the charger box deal and left it for about an hour.

On a couple of my old computers it's been the case where you end up needing to contort the power cord for it to still feed power. Is this common with mac cords? Is it most likely the cord/charger or maybe the battery or input?

Cheers

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

The easy way to find out is to take it into an Apple Store and borrow one of their chargers. The Genius Bar should have a bunch of spares for you to try.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

They're also pretty good about replacing bad chargers, especially if the unit is relatively new. if the Genius Bar doesn't replace it, try their phone line.

4. zacl87 thread starter macrumors member