Discussion in 'iPod' started by melodyj03, May 5, 2006.

  1. melodyj03 macrumors newbie

    Dec 27, 2005
    I'm leaving for England in a month and will be there for several months. What do I need to get so that I can charge my iPod in Brittish outlets? Can I just buy a USB charger from the UK apple store and hook my usb charger cable up to it? One of my friends told me it will fry my iPod regardless.
  2. Laser47 macrumors 6502a


    Jan 8, 2004
    ipod adapters are dual voltage 100-240 so you only need a plug adapter, not a transformer. Or you could just buy a UK charger but the only difference would be the plug at the end.
  3. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68030


    Sep 23, 2005
    Laser47 is right, an adaptor will be fine; a whole new charger is a waste of money... the only dif. would be the plug at the end of it, which can be subbed out with your original charger anyway... that is why apple sells a universal/world travel plug kit or whatever... but that is for lots of travelling. took my charger to france last summer with a black 5$ adaptor from radioshack (the source??) and everything was fine. hope this helps, cheers
  4. melodyj03 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Dec 27, 2005
    Thanks for the advice. It was really helpful.

Share This Page