Chargers: international standard?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by anez, Jul 11, 2015.

1. anez macrumors 6502

anez

I'm going to the US from Ireland next month. I've been considering buying a second charger while I'm there, but I'm wondering if it will work as well when I am home?

I'm assuming it will come with a US AC-to-USB plug (which is fine with me, as they are nice to have when traveling), but will the charger itself differ in any way from the chargers produced for the UK market, considering our differing electricity supplies?

Any advice or info would be appreciated!

2. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

No, the only difference will be the actual plug. The (Apple OEM) chargers are all dual voltage. I've used mine while in UK/Ireland, Korea, and Eastern Europe. No issues, just needed an adapter. Colleagues coming to the US from other regions had no issues either.

3. Roller macrumors 68020

I've successfully used Apple chargers in multiple countries in South America, Europe, and the Middle East. All you need is the right adapter for a given location.

4. anez thread starter macrumors 6502

anez

Thanks, guys, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear! Just yesterday realized that if my charger goes, I will be Watchless until I can get another charger-- which, given that they're not selling in shops here, could be anything up to a week. Will definitely pick one up when I'm in the US. Cheers!