charges fast drains fast

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hotrod351, Feb 14, 2016.

1. hotrod351 macrumors 6502

hotrod351

have a 2007 macbook pro. recently replaced the I/O board because the magnetic connection was pretty bad. everything was back up and running. now, week later i notice that my battery will drain really fast, i mean with just searching the internet it will go for 100% to 50% in about 20 minutes, it will also charge really fast. so it will charge fast and drain fast. oh yeah it is a apple battery with 150 cycles on it. d have a cheap battery off ebay so i going to see how long it will take to charge and how long to run down. figure if take longer to charge and longer to run down then the battery is the problem, then ill buy a new apple battery.

2. ABC5S macrumors 68040

I've heard and read that it's not just the cycles on the battery but also the age of it. About 9 years on that battery might also be a reason. Yes, use the battery from eBay to see any difference

3. hotrod351 thread starter macrumors 6502

hotrod351

the battery was new when i bought the mcabook pro,about 2 years ago, only had a few cycles on it.

4. hotrod351 thread starter macrumors 6502

hotrod351

well its the battery. the cheap aftermarket battery took hours to charge and lasted couple hours. ordered a new battery.