Charging Apple Watch Series 2 overnight?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mr. 123, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Mr. 123 macrumors regular

Hello,
    I just got an Apple Watch Series 2 and I'm wondering if it's damaging to the battery to charge it overnight. Since I got it a few days ago I've been charging in the evenings but I prefer wearing it.

Thanks in advance!

2. sunapple, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019

sunapple macrumors 68000

sunapple

No it doesn’t. You could think of technical reasons why that would be worse for a battery, but the Watch itself is pretty good a managing the charging process in order to keep the battery in good condition.

3. kissfan macrumors regular

kissfan

I’ve been doing it for 3 years, and it’ll still run 2 days on a charge.

4. Ruja macrumors regular

Ruja

Nowadays the used battery on different devices are thought to be used both overnights and in each moment you need. No matter if your battery is dried or almost full.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Consider Apple Watch models that you see in stores, those charge 18 hours a day/7 days a week on an annual basis. Your watch will be perfectly fine charging overnight.

6. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

The Apple Watch has a standard "nightstand" feature, pretty sure if leaving it on charge overnight was problematic then Apple wouldn't have provided this functionality.

7. parseckadet macrumors 65816

parseckadet

It used to be that it was always best to run a battery all the way as close to empty as possible before charging back to full was what was best to extend the life of the battery. But that hasn't been the case for many years now. Charge whenever it's convenient for you.