Charging cable?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DaGrandMastah, Jun 17, 2011.

1. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Are the generic ipad 2 charging cables safe for use? Apple charges an arm and a leg for a replacement charging cable on their site. I can't seem to find a definitive answer online. Anyone have any recommendations on which way to go when buying a generic cable?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I've used third party cables before and now I won't use anything but an Apple cable. Third party cables are just made poorly. The last one I had seemed to scratch the outside of the iPad 2 a lot. It was almost like the metal was sticking out further than normal causing it to scratch the iPad every time you inserted it. Once I got my personal iPad, I vowed to never use a third party cable. It's really just a personal preference.

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Many people have posted saying they had problems with other brands. Some may be good but the problem is, which ones. One fellow bought 2 and they were both bad. They had a warranty but he said the return shipping to China was more than the cost of the cables.