Charging current for iPhone SE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dukebound85, Aug 22, 2016.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

What is your charging current? I am using the following app: Battery Life: Check internal battery statistics to see what my charging current was as I thought I had some bad cables. What I noticed was:

iPhone charger: ~600mA current for the charger max output of 1000ma

iPad charger: ~600mA current for the charger max output of 2100ma

Is this normal? I have an iPhone SE. Shouldn't the iPhone charge faster than this?

Thanks

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

The phone regulates how fast it will charge. Using an iPad charger will possibly decrease the charge time slightly but will not cut the time in half.

3. imagineadam macrumors 65816

If you are below 80% the charger should output full power. If you are using the standard 1000mA charger it should charge at almost that. My 6 will charge at about 980mA or so with that charger. If I put it on the 12w charger it charges at 1103mA! It does make a slight difference in speed! Also you need to use the apple cable or an apple approved cable. I bought some knockoffs from eBay and they don't charge as fast! They charge at about 600-700mA on both chargers! Gotta be careful! Hope this helps!

I should add as you get closer to full charge the current will decrease in a linear fashion if you aren't using the device until it reaches the full voltage.