Charging Duckhead - Are they safe?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iabm, May 7, 2018.

1. iabm macrumors newbie

iabm

So, I'm fed up of taking my laptop charging around with me, having to unplug the long power cable that attaches to the power brick and so I've found these on Amazon (link here).

I wonder, does anyone else use one? I never got one with my laptop a year or so ago and I didn't get a short power cable either.

Just looking for thoughts on if they're safe and if anyone has one how they find it? The last thing I want to do is fry my laptop! ;)

Thanks in advance!

B

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

Didn’t your MBP come with one? IIRC, the US ones did back in the day when Apple also included the extension cable you want to stop carrying around. Nowadays, the newer laptops only come with duck head... the extension cable is an additional purchase.

3. iabm thread starter macrumors newbie

iabm

My MacBook Pro came with the extended able and power block but didn't come with the Duckhead. I've just ordered one of the ones I posted in the link. The feedback seemed okay on Amazon from other users so, we shall wait and see!

:)
    B

4. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

All of my MacBooks came with the duck head as well as the extended charging cord.

5. iabm thread starter macrumors newbie

iabm

It must be a US thing? The ones in the UK don't (well mine never) and neither did a friend of mine.

6. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

Yes, it may be something that is included with all USA/Canada sales.

7. jerryk macrumors 601

Look like the one that ships with
    We get the duckhead, but now have to pay $19 for a power cable that plugs into the wall. We used to get those also in the US.

8. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

My MacBook Air did and I'm in the UK.