Charging for 48 hours, but still at half charge?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Usernames Suck, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Usernames Suck macrumors member

I have had the new ipod touch for about 3 weeks now, with no problems. But recently, I was gaming on it until it shut itself down. I charged it, and am still charging it for about 48 hours, but it's still at half charge.

1. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. What should I do?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Stop charging it and use it. If it won't charge up after you recharge when it gets down low, you may have a bad battery. Make sure your cable and charger are okay by charging via alternate means and with another cable or USB port.

3. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

1. Not to my knowledge.
    2. Do a backup and then return it.
    That is assuming, of course, that you're sure it isn't a problem with the power supply.

4. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

It is broken. Return it. It should take just a couple of hours to fully charge.

5. Usernames Suck thread starter macrumors member

OK, I'll play music on it, half volume, and see how long it lasts.

EDIT: It may be a calibration problem with the battery, so I just want to do a test for that before I return it.

6. citizenal macrumors regular

I had the same problem charging my ipad. It would show it was charging but the next day it was still half way. I used a different connector and wall plug and works fine. I think i'm going to go to apple and ask for a exchange.

7. Usernames Suck thread starter macrumors member

I got nine hours of music, then charged it on my computer and it's all the way up now.