General Charging in iOS7 Fully charged?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dasx, Sep 11, 2013.

1. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

First thing I noticed is that one can't really know when the battery is fully charged as it was done before, as the upper small icon doesn't change from a lightning to a plug.

I kind of found a workaround for those who wanna actually make sure it's 100% charged.

Go into Settings, General, Use and go all the way down. If the "Use Time" timers have gone back to 0, then you're good to go.

P.S: I know a lot of you don't care about it, but searching the forums I found quite some people asking about it.

Attached Files:

2. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

If you lock your device, when you wake it up (but don't unlock it) the charge level will show under the time for a few seconds then switch to the date.

In the early betas the lightning bolt pulsed when it was charging and stayed solid after it was done which I liked a lot better.

I think we are close to a point where the battery level indicator is "good enough" though, it isn't as important the difference between 98% charged and 100% charged.

3. dasx thread starter macrumors 65816

dasx

Saw that indicator under the time too, but still, 100% doesn't mean it's fully charged. If you've owned an iOS device you'll know that when it hits 100% it's still charging with that lightning icon. Then, after 5-15 minutes it shows the plug so you know it is completely charged.

That being said yes, I also think 100% won't make a real difference against a 98%, but there are people who wanna know so I just posted a way.