Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonedef407

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Do I need to do anything special like run the battery all the way down or can I just plug in and charge?. I am at 50% right now and was going to plug it up.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Just charge it the battery has no memory. But every once In a while allow it to go flat to calibrate your ipad.

Diversion

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Jacksonville, Florida
Do I need to do anything special like run the battery all the way down or can I just plug in and charge?. I am at 50% right now and was going to plug it up.

I ran my iPad down until it shut down on me and let it charge all night long. My iPad came with about a 97% charge out of the box and I got over 12 hours of heavy usage... This thing has a real runtime compared to anything else vie used. I'd also recommend running it dead at least 3 times to properly condition the li-ion batteries. Although there's evidence that it doesn't matter if you condition or not.. Meaning there's no way to improve or condition at all. I'd just rather play it safe and cycle it from 100% to shut down 3 times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.