Charging Iphone 1st time outta box

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Noelmel, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Noelmel macrumors regular

Hey guys like alot of people here who pre ordered from apple i am eagerly awaiting the 19th for my iphone to come. Do you have to charge it like for a few hours before turning it on the 1st time? Im gonna die if it finally arrives and I cant turn it on yet lol

i bought a dust buster handheld vacuum the other day and it had to charge for 24 hours before the 1st use thats what made me wonder about this haha

2. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Hard to say since it's not out yet, but I would guess you don't have to. But read the manual it will be in there.

3. jpl0539 macrumors newbie

They come fully charged out of the box. At least the two I have had have been fully charged so i would think the trend would continue.

4. Noelmel thread starter macrumors regular

5. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

6. klb028 macrumors 6502

I've been wondering the same thing! thanks for the input. :)

7. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

They always come with some charge. My 2G phone was fully charged, but I've had iPods come with about 20% left on them, brand new in box.

Since these are coming on launch day, they haven't been sitting on shelves for a long time, and should be fully charged.

8. Noelmel thread starter macrumors regular

thats awsome thanx for the info. i would DIE if i had to let it charge a full day before turning it on lol