(Charging is not supported) I've tried 3+ different docks..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dorsiarez, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Dorsiarez macrumors newbie

Hello,

A few weeks back my phone suddenly gave me the error message 'This charging device is not supported etc etc' & upon inspection i could see one of the tiny prongs bent, so i bent it back & charging was back to normal for an hour or so but was only a matter of time before it bent again.

I've now purchased 3 different iphone internal docks & the same thing happens every time, i install the dock & turn on the phone, try the charger & it'll work for a minute or so then i'll get the same message.

I've tried 3 different leads, two of which are genuine iphone leads for my phone. I've also reset/restored.

Sometimes if i get a good angle i can charge it normally.

All docks have been from ebay but i seem to be the only one having trouble with the 3rd party parts. (all docks are from different ebayers)

Have i just been unlucky? Should i buy/try some more docks?

2. Dorsiarez thread starter macrumors newbie

Should of known better. 'Apple' forum, you don't know what technical help is beyond helping someone choose a coloured case.

Useless forum.

Do with my account as you see fit. Hopefully deleting it.

3. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

try to clean your connectors and see if that helps, and sorry to see you go, if thats your wish.

4. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I'm glad no one helped you after this comment.

Not sorry to see you go. Byeeeeeee.