Charging Issue 8+hrs to 60%

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blueMRoadster, Jun 15, 2012.

1. blueMRoadster macrumors newbie

Weird thing, my Macbook Pro 8,3 17" has taken way too much time today to charge. I normally run parallels with a Ubuntu and XP VMs running which takes a lot of power. I though if you have the machine plugged in it should not impact the battery charge process. I have no devices plugged in through usb or anything. Just happened today and the machine is under a year of use. Charger is real hot, but that is normal. The orange light is on at the attachment for the charger. Not sure what the deal is. The machine did crash today shutting down XP vm in parallels. Not sure if something was going on where OS-X was not properly managing the recharge. The battery information in system information -> power says:

Charge Information:
    Charge Remaining (mAh): 5229
    Fully Charged: No
    Charging: Yes
    Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 8265

Health Information:
    Cycle Count: 125
    Condition: Normal

Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): 4139
    Voltage (mV): 12028

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

So are you trying to charge while running Parallels? If the power adapter is having to use a lot of its capacity just to keep the notebook running it won't have much left to increase the battery charge.

3. blueMRoadster thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Stetrain. Yep I was running parallels while charging. Thinking about it, the MacBook is normally fully charged in the morning so maybe that is why I never noticed it. The laptop started at empty.