Charging 'issue' with peripherals

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kevinelliott, Jul 19, 2013.

1. kevinelliott macrumors newbie

Possibly in the wrong forum (sorry!), but I have a problem I thought you guys might be able to help with.

We've just furnished a new media suite with 31 iMacs - current gen, wireless keyboard and mouse, and no problems with anything (server and network up and running like a dream already ahead of a September launch in a new facility). It's essentially a classroom, that will get probably 6 hours use, 5 days a week.

I'm worried about batteries - with the nature of these things, all the batteries are gonna run out together - so 93 batteries needing replaced.

Anyone have any experience with dealing with this? Are large scale charging solutions available, or docking stations that the keyboard/mouse can be put into each night?

I've had a look about, and the wireless mobee 'magic bar' type things are brilliant, but expensive (yes, I realise the irony in spending £XX in building the suite and not spending a few more thousand on chargers, but I've just inherited the suite and didn't design it (I'd have asked for wired peripherals: knowing the type of student likely to be using the suite, equipment being tied and/or nailed to the furniture is preferential)).

i can't seem to find an AA charger with greater than around 10 batteries capacity either, and having 10 or those lying around isn't really plausible either.

Any thoughts/ideas gratefully received!

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Sell the wireless keyboards & mice, and buy wired ones. You'll spend less net than buying a ton of chargers.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

plus the wired keyboards and mice are less likely to be stolen.

4. kevinelliott thread starter macrumors newbie

Had been thinking that (and theft and general messing about/swapping around) was a big concern too!