Charging Issues: only 99%

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mr. Y, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Mr. Y macrumors regular

I have onlly had my 42 mm Space Grey BSB for a few days and I have taken it off around 11pm and charged it at my bedside to about 7:30am but each night it only reaches a maximum of 99%. Anyone else experience this issue? Should I be contacting Apple for a replacement?

2. Mr. Y thread starter macrumors regular

I may have solved my own problem. I keep my phone paired (i.e., Bluetooth on) overnight next to my phone charging and when I turn Bluetooth off and charge the watch it appears to get to 100%. Is this unusual?

3. za9ra22 macrumors 6502

I don't think it makes any real difference, since the charging rate is higher than the rate at which BT drains the battery.

I think what you're seeing is normal - if I understand correctly, the way these (and most modern rechargeable devices) work is that they fast charge to about 90%, then the charge rate drops until charged fully. After that, the device cycles between discharging/trickle charging to keep it at, or very close to, fully charged status until taken off the charger. It stands to reason therefore that sometimes you'll see slightly less than 100% charge level at the start of the day - but doesn't signify a problem.

4. Funnone, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015

Funnone macrumors regular

I don't do a thing just take my watch off put it on the charger plug my iPhone in charger, And go to sleep when I wake up I'm at 100% on my 42mm SS Apple Watch for at least an hour, hour and a half after putting it on

5. n8huckins macrumors regular

Yeah I had this a couple of days, randomly. Most days it says 100%.

Whether 100% or 99% though, that level lasts an hour or more usually.