Charging Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jer446, Jun 1, 2011.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

I am having some issues with the car charger that I bought from Amazon. It is a dock connector that splits into a usb cable and aux output. When it works, I love it. It worked very well for a while, but recently, when I plug it in I have no idea if it will charge. Sometimes it will start charging and then a few minutes later stop and say "charging is not supported with this accessory", other times it wont charge at all and then randomly start charging along my ride.

Why is this happening? Is there anything I can do to fix it, or do I need ot buy a better cable for my iPhone 4?

2. tekbeattv macrumors member

tekbeattv

From the sound of the issue, looks like you might have a short in the cable. Similar to how sometimes if you have headphones and a section of the cord gets bent too often or too much stress is put on it that it stops working.

I honestly would suggest getting a replacement or double checking to see if it is still under warranty.

Hope this helps.

3. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Could it be a short if thenaudio works perfectly? My charging barely works anymore. It switches between charging and not charging ever 10 seconds or so now and is extremely annoying while driving.

4. tekbeattv macrumors member

tekbeattv

Still a possibility, your best bet is to get a replacement sadly :(. Hopefully you can get a replacement easily. Hope this helps!

5. Makaveli3 macrumors newbie

6. Djzzero macrumors newbie