charging issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by frunkis54, Aug 7, 2011.

1. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

I usually charge my ipad2 from my iMac and it works fine. Yesterday I updated to Beta 5 and it no longer charges from computer it says not charging. my iPhone still charges fine from my computer. the iPad charges fine from the wall adapter. is anyone else experiencing this?

2. Tritons macrumors 6502

Well I'm on 4.3.5 and when I connect it to pc it show not charging as well and it allways have.

3. Jorohaco macrumors newbie

iOS 4.3.5 on iPad 2, no longer charging via Mac Pro USB

So, I've searched the threads and it seems my issue is unique. I've had my iPad 2 for a few months now and it's been able to charge through a rear USB port of my (early 2008) Mac Pro just fine. That is, until a couple days ago I noticed the "Not Charging" indicator when I dock it.

It's not the dock since I pulled the cable from it and connected it directly to the iPad, to no avail. I haven't done anything out of the norm with the iPad or Mac Pro so I'm not sure what's changed. The iPad is running iOS 4.3.5.

Anyone else have this sudden behavior?

4. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

USB only provides 5V of power and to my knowledge the Ipad uses 12V power, I may be wrong

5. daffie macrumors regular

daffie

I use the Asus AI charger for charging the ipad2 via usb. It's a very small program that runs in the background on your computer and is activated whenever you connect the ipad to the computer via usb. It works just perfect.

Of course the motherboard needs to be compatible...but you'll find out soon enough :)

Here's the link : http://event.asus.com/mb/2010/ai_charger/