Charging iTouch on Airplane

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by metalhead777, Mar 20, 2010.

1. metalhead777 macrumors regular

Is there any way to charge my iTouch on a SouthWest Airlines airplane? If I can, could you tell me how to? I've been looking everywhere and I don't want to be spending any extra money for something I'm not gonna use a lot. Also, if you have any tutorials on how to build a DIY external battery charger for iTouch, please pm it to me. Thanks for reading! :)

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

A homemade battery charger is likely to give the security people a fit. Don't even think of taking something you built yourself.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

According to SeatGuru.com, Southwest Airlines doesn't have any planes that have power at the seats.

If you look around (like on Amazon), you can find the older models of Griffin's TuneJuice (which use AAA batteries) for around $10.

Some Southwest airport gates have electrical areas setup specifically for charging.

4. jbernie macrumors 6502a

jbernie

Most major airports have charge stations around, I think all of the ones I have seen have been free. But for inflight, unless they offer USB ports at the seat and to my knowledge they do not, then you only option is a 3rd party battery that goes through the dock (i am pretty sure I have seen some) or take your charger for an outlet and plug in using the shaver power port in the bathroom but if you stay in there too long you might get in trouble :)

You could always power it off your laptop but then that isnt always the best way to go.

5. metalhead777 thread starter macrumors regular

Haha, thank you very much! I could, but like you said, it isn't the best way to go. Maybe I should send an email to them about offering USB ports on the seats! Haha. That would be genius! I would get a 3rd party battery, but sadly I'm not willing to spend over 60$ on an accessory that I'll only be using once. I appreciate your help though! :D :apple: