Charging new ipod touch 2g for the first time question.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amycishere, Jan 2, 2009.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

Hello, I received a new ipod from the apple store after they determined that the one I had bought was defective with various problems.

When I was having problems with the one I bought, one thing that Apple asked me to do was charge it for 6 full hours on the computer.

I know asked two separate people at the Apple phone number about my new ipod. They said I don't need to charge it for extended amount of time the first time, just until the battery is charged. I just want to make sure and do everything correctly. Most electronic devices you need to charge for an amount of time before using.

Have not turned it on or anything yet. Thank you. Amy

2. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i think for the first time they recommend switching the unit on until it naturally looses it's charge it came with, then giving it a full charge to the brim. i just charged mine up over night.

the Touch battery is very good, so dont worry about over charging or things like that.

3. TheJut macrumors newbie

Hey Amy,

I went ahead and charged mine for the recommended 4 hours for a full charge the first time (the apple website says 4 hours for the full charge). I usually get extremely good battery life. I've heard of the whole "charge longer than the full time on the first charge" thing, but I don't think that applies to newer batteries.

Hope that helps, but I'm no expert.

Cheers.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

When I got mine I took it out of the box, synced it, and used it took it out of the house to use within 20 minutes; the battery wasn't fully charged but I never had any flaws with it at all.

5. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone. Went ahead and charged it for about 4 hours or so.