Charging options for iPod Touch 4g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scott549, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Scott549 macrumors regular

I've got an old dock -- used it with my original iPod, which was a 40 gb pre-video model. It still works with my Classic. However, I believe it is the Firewire variety. Is this dock going to work with the new iPod Touch? If not, is there any adapter that could make it work?

2. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I still have my Firewire cable from an old iPod. I am able to use it for charging, but not for syncing. I don't believe that you'll be able to sync, but charging won't be an issue.

4. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

i don't know about the 4G ipod, but i still have a charging dock and a car charger from the old firewire classic ipod. these both worked to charge my 1G ipod touch - syncing even worked. they were not compatible at all with my 3G ipod touch.

5. Panther71 macrumors regular

I have an iPod connector for my car CD player that worked for a 5.5 gen classic. When I connect my 4 gen iPod Touch, it will play, but it won't charge the iPod Touch. I have to order an adapter to be able to charge the iPod Touch while playing in the car CD player. The adapters are available for $20 - $30.

I don't have might yet, so I can't say how well they work.