Charging problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mspin, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Mspin macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5 has been charging fine until today. When I plug it in to charge it starts to charge and then stops charging and keeps doing that every few seconds. It is when I am using my phone while it is plugged that it mostly happens; it charges fine for the most part when I just leave it and don't touch it while plugged in. Any ideas?

2. Kaylor macrumors regular

Kaylor

Have you tried using a different cable?

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I have to say try another cable as well. I have one cable that will not charge if plugged in one way, but if I pull it out and flip it over, it charges just fine. All my other cables work with no problems either way.

4. makerleone macrumors regular

makerleone

Do not worry, that's a cable problem, you should have to change the charging cable.

5. bwerner25 macrumors member

Check the lightning connection on the cable and make sure the gold plating is still in good shape. I had to replace the dock connector on my phone because it was stripping the gold plating on all of the cables I would use.

6. qnssekr macrumors member

I actually think the port is the problem. My original lightning cable is ragged so I originally thought that was the problem. I purchased a new one and the same thing happens. I have to press my cable in pretty hard and few times for the charge to stick. This started happening a few weeks ago. I'm not covered with apple care. Would this be consider a defect?