Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atavision

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
I've had my iPhone for well over a week now and it has been stellar.
I have already fully discharged it (usage well within what I've been reading others have been getting) and fully charged it back up a couple of times. I even get the little "plug" to let me know it's done.

My question is, I put it on the charger today, after letting it completely go dead (while playing iPod music) and it's been charging for over an hour now and I can't get any sign of life out of it. I am charging it thru the wall charger (in an outlet I know works), not using the dock and it just seems dead. Shouldn't I be able to get some sign of life by pushing the top power button? Is this normal?

The only difference is that I've never let the iPhone go completely dead before, I normally recharge it when it gets to about 5% power left.

anybodygotanyideas?

atavision

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
now it's Dead?

not sure what happened, but it appears that my iPhone died.
I have been charging it direct to wall outlet (not in cradle) for
several hours now and can't even get it to turn on.
I tried syncing it to iTunes and it seemed to be working
but when I pressed the sync button (I sync manually) it
just disconnected the iPhone (no longer showed in it iTunes)

has anybody had a similar problem?

I've had over a week of perfect use with it up to this.

eescabar

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Wirelessly posted (ipwn: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

I posted about this in another thread, I would just link to it, but my ipwn doesn't have copy/paste,lol

My buddies charger died at least that's what we determined after some basic trouble shooting. We use my charger and it worked fine. His cable was still good, so he is able to charge via the USB port on hon mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.