Charging puck (colour of face)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LevMac, Oct 16, 2015.

1. LevMac macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hi guys, wasn't sure how to post the topic but ill give it a shot anyway...

I have the stainless steel charging puck cable, and I'm not sure what it is, but when your looking at the puck itself, the part that makes contact with the back of the watch to charge, around the concave part of the puck, there seems to be a faint yellow circle and right in the middle a faint yellow dot on the puck itself?

Anything to be concerned about? Watch charges fine, just noticed it the other day when it caught my attention. Should I be getting a new cable?

2. ivandr macrumors regular

Can you post pics?

3. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

Here we go....yellow mark in the middle with a slightly faint yellow circle around the concave part of the puck....its as if the coating is wearing off? I have wiped the charging puck with a microfibre cloth and it doesn't come off. Just concerned if it will damage/wear off over time, considering the fact I treat my products carefully and always clean

IMG_0055.jpg

4. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

That's a scuff caused by the back of the watch hitting it magnetically all the time. Hold the back of your Apple Watch near a well lit window and observe the little matching scuff in the centre of that too.

5. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

Thanks for your reply, there is no scuff on the back of my Apple Watch.

6. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

I haven't seen a sport without one so I'm guessing you must have a ss or gold.

7. chabig macrumors 68040

I wouldn't worry about it and more than I worry about the prongs on my AC plugs getting scuffed.

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Op if it's discolouring yellow that is heat causing it. Personally I would go to apple as it shouldn't be get warm enough to discolour like that.

9. chabig macrumors 68040

It's kind of funny to me that people clamor for wireless charging, then complain because it gets warm. There is nothing to go to Apple about here.

10. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

Thanks, I just place it in the Apple Watch box to charge in open space, so its well ventilated and everything. Im not too worried, just caught my attention today when I looked at the puck thats all.

11. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Possibly sweat from the back of the watch transferring to the puck?

12. shandyman Suspended

I have a Sport and there's no scuff on it.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Could just be some body oil transferred from your watch to the puck surface when charging. As long as all works well, I would not be concerned.