Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GB11

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
So I am looking for a charging station for. We have 2 mac air, 2 iPods ( 5th gen), 2 iPhones and 2 iPads. Looking for an all in one station that we can use at night and take our respective equipment in the morning trying to eliminate some cables and not have 8 things plugged in to the wall socket. If this needs to be moved please feel free to move it to where it needs to go.

Thank you :apple::apple:

Last edited:

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Nothing came up for me with this for some reason. Just shows a bunch of blurays and kindle fire hd. :confused:

Yeah, it's screwing up the link whenever I try to fix it.
Anyways the item on Amazon is "ORICO OPC-2A4U 2 Outlet & 4 USB Charging Port Combined Home Surge Protector Power Strip - Black"

It's 2 USB ports short but it could eliminate a lot of clutter I think.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Regardless, you're going to have cables running into the devices to connect them for charging, so why not just use a power strip/surge protector?

It'd be simple, cheap, and safe.

GB11

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
Regardless, you're going to have cables running into the devices to connect them for charging, so why not just use a power strip/surge protector?

It'd be simple, cheap, and safe.

Ive seen the stations for iPads and iPods where the cables were really short and ran into a box inside the station then only had one cable plugged in to the way. Thats kinda what I am looking for.

Thank you

GB11

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
literally just search charging station on amazon. OP was obviously too lazy to try theirself.

No reason to be a JERK or just plain RUDE can't imagine why Apple people are considered rude.

I did look and found all the ones for the iPod, iPad and iPhones. I was just wondering if there was one theta would include a charger for the macair

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
No reason to be a JERK or just plain RUDE can't imagine why Apple people are considered rude.

I did look and found all the ones for the iPod, iPad and iPhones. I was just wondering if there was one theta would include a charger for the macair

should have said that in the thread then, what you said made it seem like you were looking for one to begin with.

Your macs will probably have to be plugged in separately because they require more power and don't charge from a usb port.

GB11

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
should have said that in the thread then, what you said made it seem like you were looking for one to begin with.

Your macs will probably have to be plugged in separately because they require more power and don't charge from a usb port.

thank you. I feel like you are right about the macs having to be plugged in separate. I figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone new something we didn't.

As always thanks everyone for your help. :apple::apple::apple:

rawlus

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2009
Boston
I use something like this. Doesn't work well with all devices at once but is a good central area for charging a few things at a time and most of the cords are out of the way. The macbook charging cord can be fed through the inside so it works like the others, get a nice little macbook stand to hold it closed beside it and it might work for your needs.

http://www.bluelounge.com/products/sanctuary4/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.