Charging the iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chuchichan, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

I have a couple of questions about charging the iphone 4. The first is, do you ever turn off your iphone 4? Is it good to do this once in a while?

Also, is it ok to charge it often to have a full charge or is it good to let it go down to under 20 or 10 percent and then charge it?

Thanks...

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Rarely turn off, usually if something get's buggy, but I've left my phone on for months at a time with no problems. Either way on the charging, you should probably do a cycle every month or two (drain completely then charge completely.)

3. John Benitez macrumors member

Below are the answers of your questions:
    1) Yes, I turn off my iPhone 4 while charging because it gets charged faster compared to when it’s charging while it’s on.
    2) Definitely, you have to charge your iPhone when the battery shows under 20 or 10 percent.
    3) Do not charge your iPhone if the battery indicates 50-60% as this will reduce the batter life.
    Regards,

4. kardiackeith macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

What if you charge it once in a while when the phone has above 50% battery?

5. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

You should turn off your iPhone and restart it at least once a day...and charging when you're above 50% won't damage or decrease the battery life...I "top off" my battery several times a day, and I've been doing this since the first iPhone...be sure to let the battery drain all the way down at least once to calibrate it

6. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

that is false. it might be true if this were 1998 and he had a moto razr

7. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

This is not true of the more "modern" batteries. You may mess up the sync of the actual battery life versus what the phone thinks the battery life is, if you never let it drain all the way, but a full drain/charge cycle or two should iron it out. This is why battery life feels like it "improves" over the first few days of a new phone. It happened with both my Android and my iPhone.

8. Zcott macrumors 68020

Why? This has no effect whatsoever.

9. himesh macrumors regular

I charge mine whenever and it hasn't had any effect on the battery life, I often leave it charging overnight so that I have a full battery in the morning. Read somewhere that it stops charging when it reaches full.

10. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I only reboot the phone if I feel it is not acting right (maybe once every three weeks or so). To be honest, I think it's in my head but I do it anyways. As far as charging, I always leave the phone turned on...no issues whatsoever!