Charging the new 2015 macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by raw8725, Jul 22, 2015.

1. raw8725 macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

How do I know when the laptop is charged when the lid is closed? There is no light on the connector. I just got it a few hours ago.

2. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

There is no physical indication, with the lid closed. Just leave it to charge until you need to use the NoteBook.

Q-6

3. raw8725 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh gosh thats pretty lame of them not to have any kind of indication method.

4. ahostmadsen macrumors 6502a

Yes. On the other hand, for an iPhone or iPad there is no charge indicator either, and likely Apple thinks of the MacBook as somewhere between a MacBook pro and an iPad. On the iPad you can press the home button to see the charge status, on the MacBook you can open the screen. Similar idea.

5. robertsawicki macrumors member

robertsawicki

If you have cats like me, knowing when the laptop is charged is useful. I can't leave the wires exposed even for an hour before they come and bite the hell out of them. That's why our house is two lightning chargers short.

6. Elise macrumors 6502

7. raw8725 thread starter macrumors regular

When you first buy it, does it need to be plugged in over night to charge up?

8. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Just use it and plug it in when you can It does not need over night charging but it will not hurt if you left plugged in for a week. I tend to use my MBA 13" plugged in when ever power is available to avoid cycles on the battery.

Best to not worry about your battery just use it!

9. AppleWarMachine macrumors 6502a

AppleWarMachine

just plug it in to charge, set a 2 hour reminder on your phone, then your phone will let you know when it's done :)

10. Dayv macrumors 6502

Do you have a higher shelf or desk the cats don't go on to keep it away from them while recharging things? I try to keep my cat off of hard surfaces (tables, shelves, etc.) and she at least does me the service of waiting until I'm out of the room. Luckily, she doesn't eat cords (though I've had foster dogs that do).