Charging time - Using 12W 2.4Amp iPad Charger - iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hishat, Oct 15, 2014.

1. hishat macrumors regular

hishat

I thought i would start this thread so others could see the benefits of buying a 2.1Amp charger as opposed to the 1Amp Apple supply with the new iPhone 6's. I have heard charging time varies, and have just plugged in my iPhone 6 at 0% and i am recording the time it takes to get to 100%. Will post results later.

2. Fille84 macrumors regular

Where is the results?

3. polysaturate macrumors member

He went back to the future

4. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

I have a 10w iPad brick at work (2.1amp) and a compatable 2.1amp iFrogz lightning cable at work. despite what others say, my old iPhone 5 and current iPhone 6 charge really fast. I mainly use it if I know i'll be going to the gym on a low battery.

also, in for the video.

5. Fille84 macrumors regular

Well I have a 12W 2,4A ipad charger. And honestly I dont see any difference at all, it takes a little more than 2hrs to charge with both the ipad and the original charger.. How long does it take for you others to charge with the ipad charger?

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I just plug mine in before I go to sleep and trust that it takes care of itself.

7. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

here are screen shots of my iPhone 6 charging with a 10W iPad brick and iFrogz 2.1amp lightning cable. my iPhone 5 and now my iPhone 6 charge faster with that combo at work dispite with others say.

[​IMG]