Charging Your iPod While Travelling

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iWantToKillMyPC, Jun 18, 2007.

1. iWantToKillMyPC macrumors newbie

Hi. I am going on a long bus ride to NYC in about a week. I want to pass the time by watching some movies on my iPod, of course ;). However, I'll need to charge it during the ride if I want to keep using it. I also won't be bringing my laptop, so I can't charge it that way. I want to buy some sort of portable, battery-powered iPod charger. I have found one online that seems pretty good:

http://iturbocharge.com/

^That's a little on the expensive side, compared to this one:

http://www.supermediastore.com/apple-ipod-9v-emergency-adapter.html

Of course, the first one, the "iTurbo" seems much more reliable and a better product, however, this could be just bad and good marketing. The iTurbo has received some very good reviews, and runs off a AA battery, instead of the much more expensive 9V the second one runs off of. Lastly, the iTurbo is twice the price, which is a downside, but I would be willing to buy a $25 charger as long as it's very reliable.

Has anyone else ever used either of these, or does anyone else know of another one?

-Thanks

2. iWantToKillMyPC thread starter macrumors newbie

3. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

That's a bit obnoxious, especially after less than two hours on a morning.

I use a wall-charger for all my travel charging needs. More and more busses these days include 120V outlets next to seats.

4. sailnavy macrumors member

5. iWantToKillMyPC thread starter macrumors newbie

What kind of batter does the second one you posted (the wtop I think it's called) run on?

-Thanks

6. iWantToKillMyPC thread starter macrumors newbie