charging :/

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Reemani, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Reemani macrumors newbie

hey all,

I'm having an iPhone 4, I keep getting 'charging isn't supported with this accessory' I think it's because it was exposed to a dense environment, and when i plug in the charger it keeps getting disconnected.

Oh well I was wondering if I could stop it from popping out.

You're answers would be kindly appreciated :)

2. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I would get a new charger. Although, I'm not sure what you mean by a "dense" environment?

3. KrisEagling macrumors member

KrisEagling

Didn't fully understand your post..
    Firstly is this an apple branded charger that is throwing up the not supported messages, or is it a 3rd party accessory?
    And can you elaborate on what you mean by a "dense" environment, at first I thought you might have meant humid, but we need you to clarify.

Kris

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

5. Reemani thread starter macrumors newbie

It's an apple branded new charger and I meant humid.*

when I lock the iPhone and plug in the charge a triangle comes up with a ! that says*'charging isn't supported with this accessory'*

6. Orion126 macrumors regular

Apple is notorious for tweaking stuff in the phone so that you can use their chargers only. I had an iPhone 3G car charger that worked fine when used on a 3G but didn't work at all when trying to charge my iPhone 4.

7. Reemani thread starter macrumors newbie

But it was working very well till the day before yesterday. I don't really know what happened when I tried to charge it came up with that massage, I suppose it's because I dk something is stuck in is it possible?

8. THE dAY macrumors 6502

Check and see if your iPhone's bottom charging/syncing port opening is clean, maybe use a toothbrush and gently brush away any dust/debri. It might have gotten dirty resulting in the warning.

9. Reemani thread starter macrumors newbie