charging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by judasdeth, Jul 10, 2009.

1. judasdeth macrumors newbie

I have the 13" mbp and when im at home i like to leave my mbp in and use just my 20" monitor instead of the duel monitor. In order to do that i have to leave it plugged in and does anyone know if u can over charge these batteries?

2. HikariYuki macrumors member

You can leave it plugged it. When it's done charging, the magsafe will change from amber to green and run off AC power. Just remember if you're leaving it plugged in for a long time, calibrate the battery once a month.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

4. judasdeth thread starter macrumors newbie

How do u calibrate the battery and what would that do?

5. ichiban06 macrumors regular

a bit off topic but when the battery is fully charged can I unplug the magsafe after i shut down the macbook but then plug it back in before I turn on the macbook, i assume the magsafe would display a green light as it will not charge the battery as long as its above 95%. I don't want to keep it plugged in when not using the macbook.

6. cababah macrumors 68000

I want to know the same thing.

People complain about MagSafe chargers overheating while remaining plugged in but let's say your computer is shut down or sleeping, there is very little to no power being supplied from the MagSafe so how would that be an issue?

7. judasdeth thread starter macrumors newbie

u still cant over charge the battery even when ur running in boot camp with windows?

8. p3ncil macrumors regular

no you will not over charge if you are running boot camp in windows. No worries.