Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
I only found out about these this morning, I was awoken by my girlfriend telling me she's going to do and that she's going to be busy for the next 24 hours! Turns out you just make a blog post every 30 minutes for a whole 24 hours and folk sponsor you. All goes to charity and that.

Anyone participating in one or even know about them? It's both crazy and fantastic how people can do things like this.

Anyroad, if you're interested her blog's at http://ninjascribbles.co.uk/blog and she's taking art requests for people who donate.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I don't know but it sounds seriously cool to me. Since I'm knee deep in some serious paper writing for school right now this would be something I could do because I have to stick around my computer until I am finished.

I'd love to do this in the future.

true777

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2000
California, Austria, Arkansas
This blog-a-thon has been around for several years.
I've never gotten the point of it, or of most of those "doing something pointless for charity" events.

I mean, why should anyone pay your favorite charity money just because you do something completely pointless, like blogging every 30 minutes, or walking 20 miles?

I am very much for charities, but I believe people should give to charity when they decide to and when they are convinced by the cause -- not because their third cousin decides to climb 27 oak trees and feels this gives him the right to hit everyone and anyone he knows up for donations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.