Charlie Chaplin Time Traveler

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bclizzle, Oct 28, 2010.

1. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Pretty cool :D

I hope that by the time we actually get "time Machines" we are not still holding out phones to out ears to speak :)

2. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

Doesn't look like she's holding anything to me. Towards the last frame you will notice that her index finger and her thumb folds in as though she was rubbing her hair. If there was something there, her thumb would not be able to fold in for obvious reasons that something would be leaning on it.

3. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

We already have something like that...it's called Bluetooth. Unfortunately too many older people used it as a tool to look techy and cool that it became uncool.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

while very possible, why would a person be talking to themselves like that?

Everyone tries to aplies logic to it, you have to always consider that if it is indeed a future device, current logic won't apply. some other peoples say that if it is a phone it wouldn't work since there is not network back them. Who is to say that that specific device needs a "network"? It is hard argue of what it is when you don't know yet what you don't know. :D:D:D

PS: By the way, I am pretty sure it is something silly like scrahing hair, or the hearing aid device, however the other possibility is way cooler and more entertaining so I am going with it :D:D:D

Not quite, since to use bluetooth you still need "a phone" I am hoping that when time traveling is perfected, Microelectronics is to the point that "phones" or whatever communication device we use at the time would fix completely on the size of small bluetooth sets

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

6. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

So what about our emails and our apps? I guess it could somehow get grafted in our brain so the screen appears inside our eyes.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Who said we will need "email" or "app", as i said, it is hard to argue when you don't know yet what you don't know. Maybe some type of AI is on the other side of that communication device that can transcribe your email? Again, hard to know what tech would he future hold, but we like email like people back on the day like "telegraph" now it is not use anymore.

8. ajax43 macrumors regular

Someone call John Titor and tell him there's another one out there!:D

9. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

10. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

Let's get Al Gore on it!

11. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

There would be no existing network or satellites to send bits and bytes.

12. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

How do you know that the future device "needs" Network or Satellites to comunicate?

13. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

so in the future they forgot how to be more conspicuous? Also is the ideal time traveler now a fat old lady?

14. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

It's old lady, maybe she is "lost" in time... maybe she got distracted by the "Future" call, maybe her best friend is famous in the future because she got feature on a 1924 movie and she went back in time to take her place. So many possibilities. Maybe she is a "Model" in the Future... :D:D:D:D:D

15. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Looks like the "Death Grip" she'll never complete the call unless there is a bumper on the phone. :D

16. redman042 macrumors 68020

OMG let's not get started on this here. There are plenty of conspiracy forums for this elsewhere on the 'net. This is getting play on CNN for chrissakes. Seems way overblown to me.

While it's fun to see someone in an old film doing something that looks utterly modern, the fact is there are a handful of reasonable explanations that fit with the time, and chances are a billion to one that one of these explanations is the truth.

The Siemens hearing aid is one. A pack of ice for her aching tooth is another. Or, perhaps she was just a mentally ill woman who walked around talking to a piece of wood held up to her face. Even that's far more likely than a time traveler from the future, strolling down the street talking into something that looks like a cell phone, in wide open view of the public. Um... no.

17. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

You thought AT&T was bad now, think of the cell reception and trying to find a good 3G/wifi signal back in 1929.

18. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Right after the film ends she gets struck by lightning and sent back to 1870. Great Scott!

19. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

CNN's online news site is chock full of questionable articles. It is hard to take it seriously at times.

20. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

21. redman042 macrumors 68020

I don't mind mainstream media discussing the occasional UFO sighting and such, as long as it's potentially credible. This one is interesting but it's not credible at all in my mind, just interesting to watch and compare to today's point of view.

22. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

That seems like a man, dressed as a woman. I see nothing about him that is women, besides the clothing too.

23. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I don't care what kind of tech comes out. I want my phone.. in my hand.