Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Part of me wants to watch it and part of me wants to say "Charlie Rose is too old to talk about the iPad."

So like Natalie Imbruglia might say, "I am torn."

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
hmmm....

I'd rather see Natalie talk about the iPad. And I'd rather watch Charlie talk to Bill Moyers and put me to sleep fast.

And that was not a bad album by Natalie either by the way. :cool:

Casiotone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2008
It was interesting...

I just wonder, how come Techcrunch can go over the 10 minutes limit on Youtube videos?

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
Part of me wants to watch it and part of me wants to say "Charlie Rose is too old to talk about the iPad."

Charlie Rose simply asks the questions. This video is well balanced and so far the best round table on the iPad i've seen. Mossburg and Arrington talk about the good and bad without some of the extreme bias you find on MR.

(General thought about age) If age has anything to do with opinions... they would have to limit many of the MR people that clearly lack the common sense and maturity to deal with communicating on the internet. I'll take a 68 yr old over a 21 yr old rabid fanboi who thinks he knows everything any day of the week.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008

Charlie's got all the gadgets, gets them first, and often talks about how he uses them in his work and life. Plus, he's interviewed all the top tech guys multiple times (except for Jobs, which I'd love to see).

[Edit: Oops, Charlie Rose did interview Steve Jobs back in 1996, though primarily in regards to his role at Pixar.]

SleepyHead157

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2008
The round table was interesting. For someone who has a problem with the iPhone, and Apple's closed OS, Michael Arrington likes the iPad.

I think they touched on the key point in the discussion, the software. The software will make or break the device. People will look past the hardware and make the decision on what the software has to offer. The better apps, the more likely people will jump to the iPad.

I wish MS offers a Word, Excel or Powerpoint app. But knowing Apple, they may say it's competing against their own office suites.

ReallyOldGuy

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
I also think this was a well balanced discussion between people knowledgeable in Tech and business and come on Charlies not THAT old

as for MS Office iWorks deals with that pretty well,

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
It was fun to see Arrington squirm a bit. You KNOW he seethes about his lost CrunchPad, and that could it have been what the whole show was about. It's as if Apple read his blogs about it and simply made him one.

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
I think they touched on the key point in the discussion, the software. The software will make or break the device. People will look past the hardware and make the decision on what the software has to offer. The better apps, the more likely people will jump to the iPad.

totally agree

limiting it = devaluing it in my book

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.