Charlotte NC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OscarTheGrouch, Sep 21, 2007.

1. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

I have an interview for a job working in Charlotte. I would eventually move there if I like the job. What are some decent areas of town? Bad areas of town?

I have me, my wife, and 2.29 kids. I wouldnt mind living outside of the city even, like rock hill or something.

Any ideas? comments? etc etc?

2. Steamie macrumors 6502

Steamie

Sorry I can't be of much help to you here, I just wanted to say that I'm jealous.
    I was offered a Job in Charlotte 3 years ago subject to me getting a visa(Or Greencard) to emigrate to the states. Unfortunately I was unable to do so :mad: and lost out on what I consider to be one of the best chances I've ever had. At the time I looked at area's to stay there as I would have been working in the Mecklinberg area and found lots of great places(I just can't remember their names.)

3. kbhat macrumors newbie

I moved from Boston to Charlotte nearly 4yrs ago and have not regretted it. South Charlotte (Ballantyne) and Union County are the fastest growing in the state.
    Nice home from 250K and decent schools

4. Caezar macrumors 6502

I lived at Strawberry Hills, Kingsgate Place. Nice apartments in a pleasant neighborhood and close to a good market. Plus, there is a bus station just outside the complex. I could go downtown by bus in 20/30 minutes. Very convenient.

I liked Charlotte. But my wife felt lonely there. You won't make many friends unless you go to Church.