Chase Banking Website

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by TonyC28, Oct 28, 2014.

1. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Safari 8.0 with Yosemite keeps redirecting me from www.chase.com to www.mobilebanking.chase.com. Clearing the history and website data fixes it temporarily. Chase's solution is to install Firefox. I saw a few people on Twitter with the same issue. Anyone else?

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Its Chase doing the redirecting, they are treating Safari as a mobile device only browser.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

On the same Safari version with Yosemite I am not seeing that at all. I stay on the regular chase.com page and can even login.

Have you enabled developer mode in advanced prefs and perhaps set Safari to show as a different browser?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

5. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

It happened to me and finally I had to delete Chase altogether and then do a google chase thingy to get the correct non mobil site. Good to go

6. someoneoutthere macrumors regular

Not happening to me as well. I get https://chaseonline.chase.com
    Do you have handoff enabled? Did you recently do online banking on your iPhone? If you have your Safari browsing sync'd, that might be the problem. Try a complete logoff.

7. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

no problem here, i do my banking at chase online in safari all the time...

8. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

No iphone so that is not the issue. No handoff enabled, Safari not sync :) Only happened once and that was a week or more ago. Doesn't matter now

9. TonyC28 thread starter macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Interestingly this does work. As someone suggested, it does seem as though Chase's website is treating Safari like a mobile browser. But then clearing the history and website data makes it work again. Strange.

10. someoneoutthere macrumors regular

Did you read my question a few posts above? Someone else responded to it instead, I was wondering if that's the case for you?

11. TonyC28 thread starter macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I don't have handoff enabled, my iMac just missed the cut in mid-2011. I've always used the Chase app on my phone and the website on my computer to do all my banking stuff. The only thing that has changed for me lately is Yosemite. But even with that this has only come up in the last few days.

12. someoneoutthere macrumors regular

I see. Weird. I've never experienced such thing at all. Maybe it's just not my turn yet :)

13. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I am pretty much doing what you do and have the same setup. I have handoff turned off, and I use the Chase app and never Safari on iOS to access Chase, and like I mentioned in my earlier post am not having this issue. I can't think of what you might be doing differently than me.

14. TonyC28 thread starter macrumors 65816

TonyC28

The only things I can think of that are different for me lately are Yosemite, iOS 8, and iCloud Drive. I've been talking to someone with Chase. They seem stumped as well. I told them that chaseonline.chase.com works and they said that is the address they send people to when they're having problems.

15. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Kinda confirms its a known issue on their end???

16. TonyC28 thread starter macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I guess it confirms that they are known to have issues but I don't know if it confirms that my particular issue is known and/or common.