Chase Demos Next Gen ATM - Use Apple Pay Instead of Debit Card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by madsci954, Feb 24, 2015.

1. madsci954, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  2. TxExCxH macrumors member

TxExCxH

It looks ok to use if you have an iPhone but if you have an Android, having to request a pin then enter that then enter your own pin seems like a waste. id rather pull out my card and swipe it.

3. madsci954 thread starter macrumors 68030

True, but maybe it will support Google Wallet in the future, as it seems Google is looking to take it seriously now.

4. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

Ehhh... I think Google has taken Google Wallet seriously since it launched. The problem is that the carriers felt that they should get a piece of the pie so they actively worked to block or hinder its operation. That hurdle appears to have been cleared now.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Very cool, although I wonder why the fingerprint can't replace having to enter the PIN altogether. Must be an additional security step or something related to 5th amendment.

6. AllieNeko macrumors 6502a

Getting a major bank to trust on-device CVM for unattended cash is not gonna be that easy...

7. vietalogy macrumors 6502

Hopefully Bank of America follows don't want to switch banks.

8. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

this is awesome! i love Chase ... i just wished they updated their app to let me login by using Touch ID.

9. iArch macrumors regular

iArch

I was wondering what Chase was working on while ignoring their MasterCard account holders.

10. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Maybe right around the time they roll this out they'll get their app developer to add Touch ID support to the Chase app.

11. citivolus macrumors 6502a

If palm-scanning was already implemented last year, it sounds like we're moving in the wrong direction with authenticating via touch id...

12. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Inside a Frys grocery store (Kroger) Chase put two of those monstrosity ATMs inside the store branch. They are really cool and unlike any ATM you have seen before. They even let you withdrawal specific amounts like $5.37. The fact that these will have Apple Pay is nice.

They are also the first ATMs in the US to accept Chip & PIN cards, though now all ATMs Chase has do.

13. dyt1983, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying information not relevant to the thread.

14. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

Just imagine not even needing to dig out a debit card or your iPhone from your pockets at all at the ATM to access your account but instead just use the Apple Watch on your wrist!

15. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

OK that just got me really excited. Cannot wait for this! One of those things that makes you feel like you're living in the future.

16. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

The ATM itself looks really cool too, and very futuristic. I use those almost on a weekly basis doing deposits, as my local Chase branch has them. I can't wait for this personally.

I hope Wells Fargo has something up their sleeves too.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Love those features.
    Hope most banks start using Applepay and similar user friendly features.
    Chase is on top of their game when it comes to tech.