Chase Online Banking App coming to iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrat93, Jul 7, 2008.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I opened my first High School Checking Account today at my local Chase bank. The banker there told me all about how I can text message certain commands to get my account balance and such. I asked if there was a mobile site. He said there wasn't, but there will be a new "browser" coming on August 1 to all AT&T and Verizon Wireless phones. He saw my iPhone and he said "That's the Apple phone right?" I said yes, and he confirmed that the iPhone will be getting it too. He made it clear that it wasn't just a new website, but it was a different "browser" entirely.

2. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

Let's hope.

Since the App Store just went live, I've been searching and the only thing that I've come across is the BofA mobile app. Hopefully Chase can produce a nice little app for itself.

3. liv2wrshp macrumors member

I'd love to see this too! This would absolutely ROCK!!!

4. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

Haha... Right above the reply button was a BoA ad. I would love Chase to have an app or even a mobile site. I believe the guy was misinformed or interpreted incorrectly. If you save it as a webclip, it shows a perfect symbol for Chase. Maybe that is what he thought would be "Another browser"

P.S. Isn't this in the wrong part of MR forums?

5. STITCHES macrumors member

You can look at your chase bank info using the Pageonce app. Its a very nifty app. Also, it's FREE!

6. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

I've used pageonce. It's a dead end app to me. Not many things I can program. It is very promising though. Also when trying to set my credit card up, it was seemless. The checking was a never ending disaster and I stopped trying. I know I could have gotten it to work, but that's too much hassle.

7. iMirror macrumors newbie

PageOnce is ok, but...

I'm a Chase customer, and while it worked for me at first, now I can no longer view my checking account's purchase history in PageOnce. It's not even displaying anywhere near the correct balance, though it says it got the data yesterday. I keep pressing the reload button, to no avail. It was useful while it worked, however.

8. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

i tried pageonce once and delete it. balance is 7 days old, can't refresh, can't transfer balance, it's like holding your last month's bank statement around with you. hope they update

9. jdmstar macrumors member

Thank god im a BOA client because this has already been done there, they have made one specifically for the Iphone and i can browse accounts, transfer funds etc just exactly as if i was on my own computer, all secure of course.

How will they load a new browser to your phone? I know that my BOA app on the phone is linked directly to their server. But its not a new browser.

10. iphoneloverus macrumors newbie

You can use Pageonce to track your chase account

I'm using Pageonce to track my Chase online account. You can find it in the iTune store or here at Chase on iPhone

11. cualexander macrumors 6502a

I have something easier than this. Download Chase Mobile from the Appstore. It's Chase's official application.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Thank you. I've been waiting for this for a while and didn't know it was out. I stopped browsing the crap store a while ago.

13. Acronym macrumors 68000

i wish all banks would create an iphone app for there banking customers :rolleyes:

14. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Thanks for the heads up!

15. Ultimatetone macrumors member

-
    While I was aware of the previous merger...
    I just noticed that WAMU online now re-directs to CHASE online banking.
    Get ready to re-acknowledge all the related legal notices to continue online banking, etc.

After I logged out of my session, a pop-up promoted Chase Mobile Banking tools.
    While I did not bother to download the iPhone app,
    I did check out the App store reviews (via my iPhone) for the Chase Banking App.

Apparently, it's merely a 'skin' directing you to their website portal.
    I'll just use Safari within the iPhone, otherwise, why bother.
    Maybe Chase will actually develop a bonafide app someday.

16. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

This app was out since mid/late 08. I used it on my 3g & now I'm using it on my 3gs. Great app.