Chat Clients w/ Video Chat

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bjb.butler, Oct 16, 2008.

1. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Hello world

I am a new mac user, and am looking for a good universal chat client. I have been using adium, which is fine, but it does not support video chat. What is good chat client that supports video?

thanks,bj

UPDATE
    ---------------------

Ok thanks but what I meant to put in was for MSN Messenger. I have tried MSN for mac, aMSN, and Mercury, and none of them support audio and video at the same time. You have to record a voice clip and send it.

2. 11800506 macrumors 65816

It really depends what client and OS the person you are trying to chat with uses.

iChat is best for video conferences with AIM between Mac to Mac (as with PCs sometimes there are connection issues and the framerate isn't as good) and Google Talk, but this only works if both users have Macs and are logged in in iChat. iChat is also good because it supports multi-user video conferencing and chat effects.

If you're looking for the best compatibility wise, Skype is the best in that regard and works the same generally on Macs and PCs, although it doesn't support as many features as iChat.