"Chat Now" function - Apple Online Store

ca90065

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
Has anyone used the chat now function on apple store's website?

i wonder if the person you are "talking" to is a real person, or an A.I. program that takes in your input and search through their database for standard answers?

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Has anyone used the chat now function on apple store's website?

i wonder if the person you are "talking" to is a real person, or an A.I. program that takes in your input and search through their database for standard answers?
Try saying, "F*** you, you inconsiderate douchebag." If they reply, "I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Can you reword it?" then it's a program.

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
I'm not sure whether or not the "person" is real or not, but one time I asked it a question and they never responded. Not for an hour, at least, and then I just quit.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Is it really that hard to tell if it's a computer or not? I was goin to see but I couldn't find the link. Link please?

All you have to do is ask something you know a computer couldn't answer.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
I think its a real (dumb) person. i asked lasted night about if u buy a new mac you can get CS3 for less with a student discount. but its only for design and web not the production. I asked and the response i got was if its in our store you can buy it. really... get out of here.

MLeepson

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
USA
My cousin asked if it was a computer, then it started making all of these typos.

It was pretty funny.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
When I used it she was friendly, helpful, and did everything should could to tell me the answer to my question. It wasn't a computer.

ca90065

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
My cousin asked if it was a computer, then it started making all of these typos.

It was pretty funny.
Haha that's awesome. Your cousin must have made his/her day at work.
And yeasI actually got some help there. It wasn't a "real dumb person" as some experienced.