Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Are there users of your forum who are dying to chat?

Block third party cookies here.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Perez Hilton, Baking Cupcakes, and a face washing routine..

You trying to tell us something Walo? :D

J/k, gl with the blog

Well the cupcakes (baking life facebook game tutorials) gives me around 50% of my hits.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Got rid of the livegrounds chat and have moved on to a much better chat, "Chat now" logo. No cookies required?

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2007
England
Got rid of the livegrounds chat and have moved on to a much better chat, "Chat now" logo. No cookies required?
I'm not seeing the live chat? However, if you do want to have a live chat and your blog is self hosted, LiveZilla might be worth a look. I use it for my hosting business and it's definitely better than any other support options that I've used, since it's probably the only free option available that allows multiple operators, for example.

It does however have a limit of 25 geolocation lookups per day I believe, which I tend to use up quite quickly, but I'm not overly bothered about that. Definitely worth a look. It also allows visitor tracking, which is useful if you want to get an idea of which pages of your site are being looked at by users.

Good luck with the blog.

Edit: I see the live chat now, however I don't think that registration should be required. Also, it would be nice if it opened up in a seperate window, so that people could continue to browse through your blog while on the chat, and so that the chat window would only take up the amount of screen space that is actually required.

JoshBoy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I am actually after chat on my website however I want a portal or option that shows if my ichat is online and people can chat to me from my website, still i have not worked this out. Any ideas are welcome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.