Chat program needed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rychencop, Sep 22, 2007.

1. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

I'm in need of a chat program for OS X that is yahoo messenger compatible, but will also do video and voice. Is there any out there that do all of that? I have Adium, but it does not do voice either does yahoo messenger in fact which is very weird. I realize that yahoo is in beta, but it seems that the voice feature would be there already if they intended to include it. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

I use Adium too, just cuz Gtalk is windows based :( but I had no idea that adium did not do voice:confused:
    For all I know yahoo will never get out of beta, unless they are still adding stuff and working out the bugs!? That or the competition between MSN, Yahoo and Google is fierce that we'll never see a final version of yahoo!! How about AIM!? I ask cuz I don't do voice, well not yet.
    Bout the only solution I can think of without having to shell out any $.$$ is do a search for a "third" party chat that does voice. no not skype.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

We're lucky to have the Yahoo! Messenger beta 2 at all. It's been well over a year to get this level of basic functionality in it, though it's more like a 2.3.x with a new interface at this point.

Hopefully, they'll make more progress and give us something with voice.

Generally, I depend on Skype when I want video and voice, though it's tough to change people with a favourite.