Chax....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wayland1985, Oct 6, 2008.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

I love adium... but adium hates me. I can't for the life of me get file transfers to work... and since it's a big part of my workflow, I have to let adium go....

iChat is okay... but I heard great things about Chax. Now, does chax fully integrate into iChat? If so, can I easily delete it without destroying anything?

2. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

Chax as far as I can tell is pretty harmless... the installer has an uninstall button IIRC (it's been awhile since I used it).

The big draw for Chax back in the day was tabbed IM. Now that iChat does it natively, it's less of a draw. But it's still maintained to provide all the other creature comforts it offers. Perhaps of particular mention in your case is the ability to auto-accept file transfers.

All the info on Chax can be found on it's website.

3. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I grew a set and downloaded it. Seems very neat.

2 things:

Is there a way to disable the second buddy list that pops up? I know all you need to do is X it out when iChat is open... but that's soemthing I'd rather not do all the time (I'm lazy.... sorry)

Also, does the "Status Log" carry much weight to it? Will I see lots of space lost on my HD due to it?

4. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Question #1: Go to the Chax preference area in iChat preferences and you can set it not to use the All Contacts list as the primary list.

5. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool... Works great.

Now my issue is this: I'm getting these "Service Timeout" messages, which I've never had before :confused: