Cheap and cheerful "new iPad" protection

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by striker33, Mar 11, 2012.

1. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

Thought I'd start a thread for those looking for cheaper alternatives on launch, until some better cases become available, especially for those in the UK/Europe.

There seem to be quite a few cases going around on ebay at the moment. Basically, I've spent £10 to cover both the back and front of my iPad, whilst keeping it flexible in regards to how I use it. I know there have always been plenty of cheap leather folio cases, but to me, whats the point in spending so much if you're going to cover it up? Or if you do, you'll end up spending £60/$100+ on a leather case, which just isnt an option for a lot of people at the moment.

Technically, this set only cost me £5, as I used a £5 off voucher for eBay :)

Ive gone for a clear plastic (smart cover compatible) back case, with an unofficial smart cover in black.

If I'm honest, the smart cover is just as good as what you'd get from Apple, even down to the embossed "designed by apple" markings on the inside. They seem to be a huge improvement over the early fake covers that came out near the iPad 2 launch. Same with the clear backing, only its ever so slightly thicker than say, an Incipio smart feather, but is 1/6th of the price, and has no ugly logo's on it.

So, how are my fellow poor people keeping their's protected? ;)

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I actually just bought this off ebay. Says it's compatible with the new iPad. I plan on using it until the smart feather ships in my color choice.