Cheap applecare from ebay???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mrmo123, Jan 4, 2009.

1. mrmo123 macrumors newbie

Has any1 bought applecare from ebay??....

I'm kinda suspicious cuz it's only $150 from ebay, but $250 from apple.com??
    How do the ebay people sell it for so cheap??, and if you have bought it, is it legit? :confused: :confused:

Thx!

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

There are many threads on here about this. Buy it form a seller who is well established and has a lot of good feedback. You'll be OK.

3. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    exactly, with rebates mine was $115 and change, logged the numbers into Apple, 4 days later when I checked, I was good to go:D:cool:very:cool:

4. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

+1. I spent around $140 on mine on eBay and it worked perfectly. Gotten many repairs done with it too. I'd recommend buying it on eBay.

5. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Add me to the list of people who bought their AppleCare plan from eBay. Got it for $135 from a well respected seller. It's perfectly legit. No shipping, as you only get the activation number by e-mail, but well worth the price. Highly recommended to get it from eBay.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I bought a $150 iTunes "code" from a well established (+1000 feedbacks) seller. That seller has since been kicked off of ebay. My iTunes account is fine and the code worked, but I have heard of others whose accounts were locked after using a code found on the bay.

7. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I have a friend who buys all his Apple Care from eBay and has never been burned. I myself am not sure on the situation but as others suggested find a seller with good feed back.

8. TinyHulk macrumors member

It's very tempting..

But I got a question! If I buy A MacBook (Normal/Pro/Air) I have 1 year warranty. It is the best to wait 1year and then buy applecare or buy it immediately?

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I feel that a lot of eBay fear is still around from it's infancy. eBay is a legit place to conduct business for many companies. I buy iTunes Gift Cards frequently and have made five Applecare purchases without incident.

10. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

I managed to get mine for $125 off ebay. If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't have got it at all. $250 is more than I would have been willing to pay.

I'm glad I didnt buy it for my imac it would have been a waste of money. Coming up on 3 years of ownership now. :)

11. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

Doesn't matter really, but after 90 days your phone support runs out, so then would be a good time.

12. ec51 macrumors 6502

+1

$145 on the bay.....just got apple care for my iPhone off the bay as well $50.

eR

13. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

I would wait till a month before it expires, if you happen to drop or spill something on it you just wasted around 150.00 bucks for nothing, apple don't cover things like that.

14. jamin100 macrumors 6502

another one for ebay here.
    Got applecare for my macbook for £63
    no problems whatsoever

15. Heimlich macrumors member

My question is, how are they able to sell it for that price? Can someone explain?
    Im pretty sure they dont buy it of Apple then resell it or the person would be losing money

16. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

17. Heimlich macrumors member

Haha. As long as its 100% reliable and Apple treats it like it was bought from their store. Wouldnt want any problems about where i got it when i need their help the most

18. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

19. Joeski macrumors member

Yea, you guys kind of influenced me to buy my applecare off ebay. My worry was that I'd buy it and a few months/a year was used up on it already.

20. GC GEEK macrumors newbie

The cheap ebay prices are kinda off putting sometimes but ive found that as long as you stick to power sellers you usually are ok! good luck tho!

21. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I went the eBay route. Got a serial number only from a US seller (I'm in the UK) for £63 on a Mac Pro. All registered with Apple perfectly OK :)

22. Mercellus macrumors regular

My girlfriend bought me AppleCare for my MacBook Pro off eBay for $195, worked like a charm. As long as you buy from a reputable seller, you'll be OK. :)

23. slashjunior macrumors regular

Looks like I missed out. My iMac is 1 year and 1 month and my MacBook is about 2 years and 3 months and AppleCare is not available on the iPhone in the UK. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my iMac or MacBook don't die on me, although I just changed the RAM and HDD on the MacBook so it is kind of like new. :)

24. TinyHulk macrumors member

If I buy AppleCare from a US seller does it work in The Netherlands? Does it work worldwide?

I see different prices..

So the cheapest I can find is 140 dollar and 140 dollar is only 100,58 euro!

Guess how much the AppleCare Protection plan is in the netherlands?

249,00 euro!

If I buy it on Ebay I can get it for 100,58!

If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.. Or not?

25. Leeloo the 5th macrumors member

Leeloo the 5th

I'd like to know too about buying Applecare from an US seller for a European machine. I'm in Belgium and I'm about to buy a MB in a couple of weeks' time, and with the $/€ exchange rate, it would be quite a good deal.