Cheap Applecare

eoren1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Just a heads up. Was searching for AppleCare for my new mini on the Apple store ($149) and Amazon ($132). Then, via Google, found it at BHphoto for an incredible price - $104 :eek: Confirmed this was for the newest Mini.
Just bought mine.
Wanted to let other new owners know about the $50 savings.
Not sure if ok to post links. Will if needed...

belltree

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
Just a heads up. Was searching for AppleCare for my new mini on the Apple store ($149) and Amazon ($132). Then, via Google, found it at BHphoto for an incredible price - $104 :eek: Confirmed this was for the newest Mini.
Just bought mine.
Wanted to let other new owners know about the $50 savings.
Not sure if ok to post links. Will if needed...

Better be sure it is legit. Did you register your applecare # already with apple?

Feek

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2009
Applecare is worldwide on computers. Mine was bought from an Aussie reseller and I had no problems when I used it in the UK.

CorMac22

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2011
Belgium
I just chatted with someone from BHphoto and the guy showed me a pdf with a list of country's their were allowed to sell applecare to. My country was not in the list so... too bad, damn it.
I've checked on ebay about Tosh Computers but he doesn't have applecare for the mini, i contacted him to ask for sure. Thanks anyway :)

Last edited:

Vermifuge

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2009
Better be sure it is legit. Did you register your applecare # already with apple?
B&H Photo / Video is a very legit company they have been in business for nearly 40 years. I get the majority of my camera gear from B&H Photo / Video

CorMac22

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2011
Belgium
B&H Photo / Video is a very legit company they have been in business for nearly 40 years. I get the majority of my camera gear from B&H Photo / Video
And a big company from what iv'e heard the biggest photo & photo related company in the world. I've checked google maps and it contains an entire block :eek: Jews, were do they don't succeed :) Having a photo company for nearly 40 years... They must be very good in what they do!

saulinpa

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2008
So if you walk into their store you can buy an Apple product and Apple will support it. If you buy over the Internet from them Apple can deny coverage.

My guess is they haven't paid for the right to sell.

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
BH is an authorized reseller and their AC works just fine. Please stop spreading misinformation around.

saulinpa

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2008
BH is an authorized reseller and their AC works just fine. Please stop spreading misinformation around.
Fact: B&H is NOT authorized to sell over the Internet, only in store.

Have you bought it and tried to re-assign it to someone else? Apple is great about letting you register it but then when you actually want to use it the hassles begin.

AVonGauss

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2006
Boynton Beach, FL

Have you bought it and tried to re-assign it to someone else? Apple is great about letting you register it but then when you actually want to use it the hassles begin.
Actually, for a MacBook Pro I cut it a bit too close and had to go through AppleCare's manual validation process - the AppleCare was purchased from B&H Photo and went through just fine.

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008

Fact is Apple did transfer mine from one laptop to another that I purchased from them. Also my iphone AC was purchased from them and they also transferred it. I even said where I got it from and they didn't have a issue with it. You sir are wrong and BH is fine to purchase from period.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.