Cheap Applecare

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by eoren1, Jul 24, 2011.

1. eoren1 macrumors 6502

Just a heads up. Was searching for AppleCare for my new mini on the Apple store ($149) and Amazon ($132). Then, via Google, found it at BHphoto for an incredible price - $104 :eek: Confirmed this was for the newest Mini.
    Just bought mine.
    Wanted to let other new owners know about the $50 savings.
    Not sure if ok to post links. Will if needed...

2. belltree macrumors 6502

Better be sure it is legit. Did you register your applecare # already with apple?

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

B&H is an authorized reseller so it should be all good. Remember to save your receipt even after registration. It is sometimes required when you need a repair.

4. CorMac22 macrumors newbie

CorMac22

Does that applecare only cover USA or also Europe?

5. Feek macrumors member

Feek

Applecare is worldwide on computers. Mine was bought from an Aussie reseller and I had no problems when I used it in the UK.

6. CorMac22 macrumors newbie

CorMac22

7. Feek macrumors member

Feek

8. CorMac22, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011

CorMac22 macrumors newbie

CorMac22

I just chatted with someone from BHphoto and the guy showed me a pdf with a list of country's their were allowed to sell applecare to. My country was not in the list so... too bad, damn it.
    I've checked on ebay about Tosh Computers but he doesn't have applecare for the mini, i contacted him to ask for sure. Thanks anyway :)

9. Vermifuge macrumors 6502a

Vermifuge

B&H Photo / Video is a very legit company they have been in business for nearly 40 years. I get the majority of my camera gear from B&H Photo / Video

10. CorMac22 macrumors newbie

CorMac22

And a big company from what iv'e heard the biggest photo & photo related company in the world. I've checked google maps and it contains an entire block :eek: Jews, were do they don't succeed :) Having a photo company for nearly 40 years... They must be very good in what they do!

11. saulinpa macrumors 6502

12. AVonGauss macrumors regular

13. saulinpa macrumors 6502

So if you walk into their store you can buy an Apple product and Apple will support it. If you buy over the Internet from them Apple can deny coverage.

My guess is they haven't paid for the right to sell.

14. nizmoz macrumors 65816

BH is an authorized reseller and their AC works just fine. Please stop spreading misinformation around.

15. saulinpa macrumors 6502

Fact: B&H is NOT authorized to sell over the Internet, only in store.

Have you bought it and tried to re-assign it to someone else? Apple is great about letting you register it but then when you actually want to use it the hassles begin.

16. AVonGauss macrumors regular

Actually, for a MacBook Pro I cut it a bit too close and had to go through AppleCare's manual validation process - the AppleCare was purchased from B&H Photo and went through just fine.

17. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Fact is Apple did transfer mine from one laptop to another that I purchased from them. Also my iphone AC was purchased from them and they also transferred it. I even said where I got it from and they didn't have a issue with it. You sir are wrong and BH is fine to purchase from period.