Cheap (but flexible) HDMI cables?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rogersmj, Mar 8, 2008.

1. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I bought one of these, and while inexpensive it is incredibly stiff -- makes it hard to route through all my cable management properly. Does anyone have any recommendations for relatively inexpensive HDMI cables that are still pretty flexible?

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I don't have a lot of experience of HDMI cables given that I've only ever owned 2. Those that I have owned have been great though.

I recommend you check out the official Sony PlayStation 3 HDMI cable (it's three metres in length) or the official Microsoft Xbox 360 HDMI cable. Both of these I can confirm are very flexible!

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

I'd go for the one's listed on the Apple Store online.

5. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Thanks for the tip, they looked very reasonable and had high reviews on many of their products. I picked up a couple 6' HDMI cables and a 4x HDMI switcher.

6. Philberttheduck macrumors 6502a

Philberttheduck

I second monoprice.com. They have affordable hdmi cables and pretty much all HDMI cables are the same in terms of quality.

I bought 2 XtremeMac HDMI cables from the apple-store when the appletv came out. they're very nice and for 20 dollars a piece+tax aint bad at all for a brand named one and it's clean white, gold-plated

7. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

Funny thing is. I bought 3 of those linked hdmi cables becuase they were only 2 bux a piece. I'm using one for my ps3 and its pretty flexible. I also have a couple from Monoprice and they are much stiffer, they are alot thicker guage wire (which is theoretically good) but they are stiffer.

Both cables give same video quality to me but the eforce ones were much smaller and more flexible.

Zack

8. izibo macrumors 6502

they have some smaller gauge cables as well at monoprice, don't they?

just checked... it seems that they have some 28 gauge hdmi cables. these would likely be fairly flexible. i've used the 24 gauge and while it wasn't exactly the most accommodating wire, it was flexible enough to route through walls.